M16 wants to become the leading eco-industrial zone in Croatia - where economy meets ecology!
- holistic approach with green building principles throughout the development
- first masterplan together with German engineering company Drees & Sommer in 2014
- planted more than 70 plane trees
- green area landscaping by a renowned Austrian architect
- DGNB OGNI Quartierzertifizierung (urban district green certificate) in 2019
Green building certificate
Meridian 16 was the first project in Croatia to obtain an DGNB / ÖGNI certificate - an internationally recognised green building certificate as urban district / Quartierzertifizierung.
This certificate confirms a holistic approach evaluating all main aspects of sustainability in five categories:
- Economic quality
- Sociocultural and Functional quality
- Environmental quality
- Technical quality
- Process quality